Thursday, September 18, 2014

Monologue

I remember that summer day quite clearly. The temperature was nice; it wasn’t too hot, but it wasn’t too cold. It was also the day I fired my maids. Sure, they were helpful around the house, but I’d always suspected they didn’t respect me or my husband. They just looked that way, all phony and too nice around me. When my son Lionel told me what they had called my husband, it was the last straw. I wasn’t surprised when he told me; I’d known it was bound to happen sooner or later. Of course, after they left, I was stuck in a predicament because I needed someone to keep the house. I just wanted to protect Lionel from their harsh words and rude demeanors. It took a little egging on to get him to tell me what was wrong, but it was worth it. I just needed to know how I could help him; he’s my son, I love him! I only want the best for him. Though I was a bit shocked when he threw the keychain in the lake. I worked hard to get him that; he should have been a bit more appreciative. Especially after he threw the goggles in; he seems to have no respect for the value of things. But like I’d heard the maids say before I walked in the room that morning, he was a good-looking kid and it was hard to stay mad at him for long. I just had to hug him tight and let him know it was all okay. After that I just couldn’t help myself; I had to act on what I’d been feeling towards him. I just love him so much. It’s not like I haven’t seen him before, I bathed and changed him when he was younger. He was a bit surprised but I know he loves me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment