Friday, September 19, 2014

Boo Boo Monologue

At the time I remembered being quite flustered by the situation. Lionel seemed to reject me, to not want me around anymore. I felt as if I had failed as a parent. It was so hard keeping him close what with the chores around the house and the fact that his dad was never around. However, I realized a long time ago that Lionel always loved me, even though he didn’t know how to show it. When I look back, I realize that he has always been distant, yet at the same time passionate and affectionate. He was always humming a song and walking around, never content with company, so in his own ways he was creating his own little space. I know that I shouldn’t have put my hand in Lionel’s pocket, but I felt like I needed to be close to him and those big, brown eyes, and if something happened to those rosy cheeks and those big, strong legs that make me… well, I couldn’t bear it if something happened to him. However, I feel as though by letting me onto his dinghy, Lionel has allowed me into his world, despite all of the times he had shut me out of it. He was always finding little places to hide, in the laundry room or under the bleachers, and he would always seem to claim them as his own, somewhere no one should go. The fact that after all of this time he let me in really meant a lot to me and renewed my faith in myself that I was not failing him, that he wouldn’t someday walk away and never return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment