Saturday, September 20, 2014

Lionel Monologue


You could say that my life is not exactly what you would call ‘normal’. I never see my dad and me and my mom; you could say that we don’t necessarily get along. The two maids also make fun of me because I am sensitive. I don’t run away anymore after my last attempt, but I am still hurt by what people say.  I take a lot of things personally. I was especially hurt when Cassandra insulted one of my closest and only friends, my dad. I just wanted my dad to come home and when I heard her insult him that made me very upset. I ran away to the dinghy after I heard this because that is where I felt the closest to my dad. I felt at ease when I was on the water in the dinghy. I was the admiral of the dinghy just like my dad was the admiral of a ship somewhere else far away. I was just starting to feel okay again when my mom had to come over and ruin it. My mom is weird. She is always bothering me and trying to be close to me but I don’t want her to be. I want my dad. She can’t be my dad and I don’t want her to try. The only reason I ever got off of that dinghy with her is because she said we could go get my dad. If she had never promised that I would have never gone with her. Even though I am young, people don't understand that being young doesn't mean I can't understand when people trick me.  We never went to get my dad, that wasn't a huge surprise though. Mom likes to promise things that she cannot fufill. I feel bad for being mean to my mom, I realize she just wants to help, but I just want my daddy back.

No comments:

Post a Comment