Sunday, September 21, 2014

Lionel's Monologue

I guess you could say I was a daddy's boy, so much a daddy's boy that I didn't think much of my mother. The fact that I had always been so disconnected from my father only made me connect to him more, while I was slowly pushing myself away from my mother. She didn't have the ability to fill the void inside my heart when my father wasn't around. That's why I ran away. I ran away because I believed that being alone was far more easier than being with my mother because every time I saw her, I would fill up with anger. The dinghy was also a place in which I could escape from the real world. I was the one and only captain, and no one had stepped foot on it besides me, but that all changed one day when my mother dared to step not only inside the dinghy, but inside my emotions as well. I had separated myself from our two maids because I heard them saying bad things about my father. I mean any kid would get upset if they heard their parents getting trash-talked. The first place I ran to was to the dinghy, my hideaway. Unfortunately, my mother found me, because no matter where I went, she always found me. As a little boy, I was very independent, and the fact that my mother was trying to help me only made me depend on others less, and myself more. That's why I threw the goggles into the lake. I didn't care that they were uncle Seymour's goggles, but then again I was a little immature child, and to this day I wish I hadn't thrown away a piece of family history. I also hated being lied to. My mother never told me where my father was, and she also repeated how she was an admiral when I knew for a fact she wasn't. As a mother, she underestimated my ability to think above my years, but my sensitivity took over all my senses and I broke down in tears. The only person who was there to console me was my mother. I was happy that I felt protected and loved by her, but no one protected me or loved me the way my father did.

No comments:

Post a Comment