Saturday, September 20, 2014

Lionel Monologue

I miss my Daddy, I miss him everyday that I sit in that Dinghy. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who misses him anymore. It's been a few years since Mom and I have come back to our house on the lake, and the memories still hurt. I remember one day, I was so mad that Daddy was never around that I decided to runaway. I had to crawl past our maids, Sandra and Mrs. Snell, otherwise they would tell on me. They were cooking in the kitchen and I had almost made it to the door when I heard them talking about Daddy. At first I though they were talking about how much they missed him, like me. It was comforting to think about; however they called daddy a big-sloppy-kike. Obviously, when I was younger, I had no idea what that meant, but now I have so much anger built up against our maids. It wasn't just the maids who forgot about daddy, mommy never cared either. After I finally let her into my dinghy she said we would go buy pickles, and pick daddy up, but that was a lie. Was she trying to hide something by lying to me? Regardless, I knew mommy didn't care, and I found fun ways to still be with daddy. I would always go down to the dinghy and pretend to be an admiral like him. Sometimes I would talk to him, about cars, and boats. I loved my dinghy, it was MY dinghy, until mommy pretended to be an admiral, and tried to intrude. I knew she was lying, she's just a lady, and when she took out the keychain with the green ribbon that looked just like daddys, I threw it overboard. Ever since then, I never talked to mommy the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment